Webinar on Application of Remote Sensing in Hydro meteorological and Geological disasters
17th – 20th September 2019
Centre for Space Science & Technology Education in Asia and the Pacific (CSSTEAP)
Indian Institute of Remote Sensing
(Indian Space Research Organization)
Themes of Webinar
- Space Applications in DRR and International cooperation (17th September 2019): Duration 1 Hour Lecture + 15 minutes Discussion
Speaker: Dr. Shirish Ravan, Sr. Programme Officer, UNOOSA
- Geo-spatial applications in Hydro-meteorological Disaster (18th September 2019): Duration 1 Hour Lecture + 15 minutes Discussion
Speaker: Dr. S.P. Aggarwal, Group Head, Water Resources, IIRS
- Geo-spatial applications in Geological Disaster (19th September 2019) : Duration 1 Hour Lecture + 15 minutes Discussion
Speaker: Dr. P. Champati Ray, Group Head, Geosciences & Disaster Management Studies, IIRS
- Demonstration on Rapid damage assessment during disasters (20th September 2019) : 1 Hour Lecture + 15 minutes Discussion
Speaker: Mr. CM Bhatt and Ms. Poonam Tiwari
By the end of this webinar series, participants will :
- Application of space technology for disaster risk reduction (DRR) and international mechanisms of space data accessing for DRR activities.
- Understand basic concepts of hydrology, hydrological modelling and application of EO data for flood hazard mapping and damage assessment studies.
- Application of space technologies for various geological disasters and for rapid damage assessment studies.
- 17th September – 20th September 2019 at 0600 UTC (Live) & 1300 UTC (Recorded Version)
Mr. C M Bhatt