Master's degree or equivalent in Physics, Meteorology, Mathematics , Applied Mathematics, Oceanography, Geophysics or allied subjects with at least 5 years of experience in teaching/research or professional experience in the field or Meteorology and/or related disciplines. (For candidates with higher qualifications, the minimum experience may be relaxed). Graduate level knowledge in Physics and Mathematics is essential besides the Master's degree requirements.
The course is directed towards the following categories of professionals.
- University Educators and Researchers.
- Meteorology Professionals and Specialists.
It is expected that at the end of the programme, participating scholars will be able to:
- Serve as catalyst for furthering the skills and knowledge of other professionals in their countries.
- Contribute to policy making, planning, development and management of Satellite Meteorology and its applications in their countries.
- Enhance the self reliance of their countries so as to lessen dependence on external experts.